Our In-Home Head Lice Treatment and Removal Services
At Nitty Bitty Critter we use a hands-on non-toxic approach for your lice treatment. Lice are removed safely, privately and effectively in the comfort of your home using thorough up-to-date methods.
- All of the necessary tools for initial head lice treatment are provided.
- Our service to your family is confidential.
- We give you post-treatment guidelines to support the effectiveness of the initial treatment.
- You will usually be able to return to school or work the following day.
What We Do:
1. Head Checks
In order to properly identify if lice are present, all family members should be checked for not only head lice, but nymphs (adolescent lice) and nits as well. Keep in mind that all close contacts (friends, relatives, classmates, care-givers, etc.) of the infested person/s are equally at risk for contracting head lice. Some adults may be carriers and not even realize it. The last thing anyone wants is to pass the problem back and forth.
Lice resistance and lack of comprehensive information (leading to misuse of products) set parents up for inevitable fail. Our process is strategic, thorough and highly effective. This is key to successful elimination of lice, nymphs (adolescent lice which can be extremely hard to see) and their nits(eggs) without using potentially harmful chemicals. Parents are given complete guidelines for prevention afterward.
Re-checks are recommended within 5-14 days after treatment. One can only be considered lice free after 2 weeks of clean re-checks. This does not however, guarantee protection from re-infestation, due to the nature and various sources of exposure to lice. As with the common cold anyone can get it more than once. It has often been said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
To Prepare For Our Visit:
- Supply your child with his/her favorite movie, notebook or ipad for entertainment, as they will be seated for a while.
- Prior to treatment, the client’s hair should be thoroughly washed, dried and de-tangled with a wide-toothed comb.
- Avoid any hair product (hairspray, gel, OTC lice treatments, mousse etc…) which can complicate the management process.
- Wear a button-up/zip-up top that can be easily removed and laundered afterward.
- DON’T stress over the cleaning. We will guide you through some safe and effective means of cleaning necessary items, only after your treatment process has been completed.